Thursday 20 November 2014

My Home

Before going into different subjects in this blog, I want to talk a little about my country, Portugal, but more specifically about "my home" (city).
Portugal is a great country, full of beautiful landscapes, friendly people, a great weather and has an amazing gastronomy. Those who have tasted our food, when going to another country can see the big difference of it, specially if we are talking about Bakery!
I live in Peniche, it's a small city and it's considered the city of fish and also with one of the best waves to surf! We had many international championships of Surf and it's always full of foreign people in summer time.
It's also known in History by our Fortress, related to April 1974, the Revolution of Freedom.
I won't give full details and information about our city, because you can always search in Google if you're interested. Here I'll just give my opinion and experience of living in this city.
I used to live in a different city and moved to Peniche when I had 8 years old. Moved because that's where my parents worked and I had school, so it made no point anymore to be living in the other city.
I like living here for being so calm and barely happens anything bad in this city. It's great in summer times, there's always many activities to do and specially to go to our little "paradise".
Peniche is a peninsula and has an island called Berlengas, and that's our little paradise! I love Berlengas and everyone else who lives in Peniche or those who have visited love it. But that's another matter I will talk in a different post!


Antes de falar sobre tópicos diferentes neste blog, eu quero falar um bocadinho sobre o meu país, Portugal, mas mais especificamente sobre a "minha casa" (cidade).
Portugal é um bom país, cheio de paisagens bonitas, pessoas amigáveis, um bom tempo e tem uma gastronomia surpreendente.
Aqueles que já provaram a nossa comida, quando vão a outro país conseguem ver a grande diferença, especialmente se estivermos a falar de padaria!
Eu moro em Peniche, é uma cidade pequena e é considerada a cidade do peixe e com umas das melhores ondas para praticar Surf! Nós tivemos muitos campeonatos internacionais de Surf e está sempre cheio de pessoas estrangeiras durante o verão.
É também conhecido na História pela nossa Fortaleza, relacionado ao Abril de 1974, a Revolução da Liberdade.
Eu não darei grandes detalhes e informação sobre a nossa cidade, porque podem sempre pesquisar no Google informações sobre isso se estiverem interessados. Aqui eu darei apenas a minha opinião e experiência em viver nesta cidade.
Eu costumava viver numa cidade diferente e mudei-me para Peniche quando tinha 8 anos. Mudei-me porque era onde os meus pais trabalhavam e eu tinha escola, por isso não fazia sentido continuar a viver na outra cidade.
Eu gosto de viver aqui por ser calmo e raramente acontecer alguma coisa má na cidade. É óptimo nas alturas do verão, há sempre muitas actividades para fazer e especialmente para ir ao nosso pequeno "Paraíso".
Peniche é uma península e tem uma ilha chamada Berlengas, e isso é o nosso pequeno paraíso! Eu adoro as Berlengas e todas as pessoas que vivem em Peniche ou aqueles que já visitaram, adoram. Mas isso é outro assunto que irei falar num post diferente!
 

Some pictures of Peniche
Algumas imagens de Peniche

Google Image
Imagem do Google
 
Here we have the entrance of our Fortress
Aqui temos a entrada da Fortaleza
Google Image
Imagem do Google


Pictures by me
Imagens tiradas por mim

A different view to the Fortress
Uma vista diferente para a Fortaleza
 
One of our beaches "Gambôa"
Uma das nossas praias "Gambôa"

 Gambôa

Gambôa

Gambôa
 
View to the beach we have from a coffee bar
Vista para a praia que temos de um café / bar.
 
 Me in a different beach
Eu numa praia diferente
 
The sunset
 O pôr do sol
 
Obviously there's a lot more things about my city, but at the moment I'm not avaiable to take pictures and show you. I'll make sure next year, I'll bring a few more to share with you.
Obviamente há muito mais coisas sobre a minha cidade, mas de momento não estou disponível para tirar fotos e mostrar-vos. Eu prometo no próximo ano, trazer-vos mais para partilhar com vocês.


2 comments:

  1. you live in a really beautiful country <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Such a lovely place, I want to visit Q_Q

    ANA
    http://analyn-razon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete